Terms of Service
I. Agreement to Terms of Service
Welcome to Spare Key’s Help Me Bounce website. These Terms of Service (“Terms”) explain the terms and conditions for using the website (“Site”) for Spare Key (“SK”, “us”, “we”) on or after July 2022. These Terms constitute an agreement between you and SK.
These Terms apply to all information on the Site, including the Help Me Bounce platform (“Platform”), whether that information is developed or posted by us or by other users, including text, graphics, informational materials, surveys, audio, or other content in any form or medium (“Content”). Please read the Terms in full prior to using the Site and/or making a donation.
By continuing to use the Site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these Terms in full and agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to the Terms, please exit the website.
This Site is intended for use for adults over age 18. Users under the age of 18 should get the assistance of a parent or guardian to use this site.
SK does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. Parents/guardians are responsible for any information they may release about their minor children. If we learn we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
This Site is owned and operated by Spare Key; a 501(c)(3) charitable organization organized under the laws of the State of Minnesota. Spare Key reserves all rights to the Site and Content except those we specifically give to you in these Terms.
II. No Medical Advice
SK’s goal is to provide financial assistance to families in crisis with critically ill or seriously injured family members. You understand and agree that the Content on the Site is not intended (or implied) to be a substitute for professional medical advice from your personal health care providers.
III. Compliance with Applicable Law
You agree to use the Site and Content in compliance with all applicable laws and only for lawful purposes.
IV. Changes in Terms of Service
We may change these Terms at any time. Changes will be posted to the Site and will be effective immediately. We will update the date of the Terms when changes are made. We encourage you to review these Terms frequently, so you are aware of any changes. We may also terminate all or a portion of these Terms, our Site, or any Content without prior notice or liability to you.
V. Representation and Warranty
By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you have the authority and legal capacity to agree to these Terms. You acknowledge that your decision to use this Site does not violate any applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you submit any information or Content to this Site, you agree to provide accurate and truthful information to us, and you will not misrepresent yourself or your condition or the condition of others while using the Site.
SK’s mission is to provide financial assistance to families with a critically ill or seriously injured family member. Our Platform connects families in need with donors. By donating to SK via the Platform, you understand and agree that:
- Your donation is made to Spare Key, a charitable organization exempt from taxation under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. EIN 41-1888767.
- SK receives donor contributions and disburses those contributions to families SK has approved for financial assistance based on our program guidelines. By making such a recommendation, you certify that the donation will not be used to confer a personal or more than incidental benefit on you, any member of your family, or any entity affiliated with or controlled by you. You also certify that no donation recommended by you will be made to satisfy a legally binding charitable pledge, to permit participation in an event (such as a dinner, raffle, or auction), or to pay for goods or services received by you, you family member(s) or any other person. You should be aware that IRS penalties may apply if you recommend a grant that results in impermissible benefits.
- SK will make reasonable efforts to direct the funds you donate to the family you recommended. Should Spare Key not be able to honor your recommendation for whatever reason, Spare Key reserves the right to place funds in a "Restricted Family Account" that will be shared among all active families on the platform. At no time will SK use any funds donated on the platform for Spare Key’s own purposes.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, SK retains exclusive legal control over all donations.
The Help Me Bounce program was developed to increase Spare Key’s capacity to support families across America facing a medical crisis with more financial resources to cover a wider range of financial needs.
To qualify to participate in the Help Me Bounce Program, the following guidelines should be reviewed and met before submitting an application. Completion of the application does not guarantee payment or approval. Guidelines are subject to change and financial support is subject to the availability of funds secured through the Help Me Bounce Program.
- The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be certified by a Social Worker or medical professional to be experiencing a critical illness or serious injury
- The family member’s medical care has resulted in a demonstrated significant reduction of income
- The family member’s medical care has resulted in a demonstrated significant increase in expenses
- Be a United States Citizen
- All funds raised on the Help Me Bounce platform are paid directly to a servicer in which there is a valid account number in which a bill can be paid. Spare Key does not provide Help Me Bounce funds directly to an applicant under any circumstances
- All applications must be complete at the time they are submitted.
- All applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis regardless of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
- All information you provide Spare Key must be accurate, complete, and not likely to deceive reasonable donors. All information you provide to us is subject to audit and veriﬁcation; any application with false information will not be considered.
- All applications are reviewed upon successful final submission and verification of social worker/medical professional.
- Families will be notified of the status of their application by phone and/or writing within 72 hours of successful submission of their application.
- Until notification is received from Spare Key, no assumption of a payment should be made and Spare Key reserves the right to make final decisions as to the means and method of payment of funds received by donors.
- The Spare Key Help Me Bounce Program is a crowdfunding and Spare Key Supplement Assistance Program.
- If approved to participate in the Spare Key Help Me Bounce program, your fundraising campaign will be made live and Spare Key will help in the efforts to drive donors to your family’s page located at: www.helpmebounce.org
- You agree to provide to Spare Key the required information to create your “Help Me Bounce” page.
- Spare Key will have full authority over the page, including all content.
- Spare Key reserves the right to remove any “Help Me Bounce” pages, or features of the pages, if it determines that content violates its Terms and Conditions of participation.
- You will be given a link to your “Help Me Bounce” page to share with family and friends. Spare Key will market and promote the page through their website, social media, sponsors and/or donors.
- The applicant’s “Help Me Bounce” page will be active for of six months. After six months, an applicant can submit a request to renew their Help Me Bounce page for an additional six months.
- It is acknowledged that Spare Key will never provide your information to any third party. Any information provided to Spare Key is only used for internal demographic purposes.
- Spare Key may use demographic information, not identifying any family or individual, for research, marketing and fundraising purposes.
- The Board of Directors of Spare Key reserves the right to deviate from its established guidelines based upon special circumstances as discussed and approved by its members and/or staff.
- Spare Key receives no public or government funds for its program. All funds are donated by private sources including but not limited to individuals, foundations, companies, corporations, and through events supported by thousands of generous individuals each year.
- By agreeing to participate in the “Help Me Bounce” Program you acknowledge the following Terms and Conditions:
- Your Help Me Bounce campaign will be immediately accessible by the public once approved by Spare Key staff.
- Included on your “Help Me Bounce” page, we will display information such as the amount of funds you are seeking to raise, including details related to the amount of specific bills related to your campaign.
- Included on your “Help Me Bounce” page, we will display photos you provide to us, along with a brief biographical sketch you provide us giving information about the medical condition affecting the applicant seeking assistance.
- Spare Key will market and promote “Help Me Bounce” campaigns using all public resources at its disposal such as, but not limited to, social media platforms, email, website, and other digital advertising and marketing tools, products, and services. All photos and information you provide may be used in these efforts.
- By signing and dating agreement, you acknowledge your understanding and acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Spare Key “Help Me Bounce” program.Top of Form
- I have read and understand the Spare Key guidelines and application. I attest all information being submitted is true to the best of my ability.
VIII. Use of Personal Information
IX. Ownership of Content and Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy
We own or have a valid license to use all Content of the Site. Neither you nor anyone else has any right, title, or interest in and to the Content by visiting or using the Site. Any other use of the Content is prohibited without our prior written consent and may violate Federal or State law.
You agree to respect the intellectual rights of us and others by abiding by all copyright and trademark laws. You may not modify, transmit, sell, or create derivative works of the Content, except with our approval or the approval of the copyright owner.
You are only authorized to view and use the Content on the Site for your personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the Content is prohibited, except with our prior written approval. You may print copies of the Content for your personal use, but you agree to not remove any copyright or trademark notices in any Content. You may not keep electronic copies of a significant portion of the Site’s Content.
We respect the intellectual property of others and expect you and all users of the Site to do the same. Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), if you believe your copyrighted work has been used or copied in a way that is copyright infringement, you must provide us with the following information within your notice of the alleged infringement:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person who can identify the copyrighted work and act on behalf of the copyright owner, such as the owner or its representative
- Identification of the copyrighted work and the alleged infringing material
- Information we may need to contact you, such as an address, phone number, and/or e-mail address
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the copyright owner did not authorize the use of the material in the way it is being used on the Site; and
- A certification that the content of the notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the person submitting it is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
This information must be submitted in writing to:
Attn: Board of Directors
480 Broadway St.
St. Paul MN 5501
This is not legal advice. For further details on the information required for valid DMCA notifications, please see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3).
X. Links to other Sites
This Site and Content may have links to websites owned or operated by third parties. Any such links are provided for your convenience and reference only and not because we endorse the content of anyone else’s website. We do not guarantee that materials and information on other websites are accurate, particularly if these websites were provided by other users.
XI. No Warranties and Limitation of Liability
The Content of the Site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, express and/or implied, including, but not limited to non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose. SK does not represent or warrant that use of the Site will be uninterrupted or the Site will be error-free.
If you are unhappy with the Site or Content, you understand that your only remedy is to stop using or reviewing the Site or the Content. You are responsible for determining the accuracy and usefulness of the Content, and you understand that we are not responsible for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information contained in the Content of the Site.
Because of this, we will not be legally liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or any other damages or losses resulting from your use of (or inability to use) the Site, or any losses that result from mistakes, deletion of information, omissions, interruptions, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or failure of performance of the Site or any Content, whether based in tort, contract, or other legal basis.
XII. Indemnification and Hold Harmless
By using this Site, you agree to indemnify and hold SK and its directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates from and against any and all claims and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of this Site, including, but not limited to, your violation of these Terms.
XIII. Governing Law and Statute of Limitation
The laws of the State of Minnesota, United States of America, govern these Terms and any claim or cause of action arising under or relating to your use of the Site, without reference to choice of law principles. You agree that any dispute with us or that relates to your use of the Site or Content will be brought only in the State or Federal courts of the State of Minnesota, U.S.A. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of these courts in connection with any such disputes.
Before you take any legal action for any harm you believe you have suffered related to the Site or Content, you agree to notify us in writing and give us thirty (30) calendar days to cure the harm. You agree that you must take legal action within one (1) calendar year after the claim has arisen or you will be barred from seeking any legal recourse. This does not supersede your other legal rights under Federal or State law that is unrelated to your use of the Site or Content.
XIV: Severability and Entire Agreement
These Terms represent the entire agreement between us and you regarding your use of the Site and Content. If any portion of these Terms is considered illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, that portion will be interpreted to, as best as possible, reflect the intent of both parties, or removed from these Terms if this is not possible, and the remainder of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
If you have questions or comments, or you would like to notify us of an error in Content or a suspected violation of the Terms, please contact Spare Key’s Executive Director Sarah Putnam by phone: (651) 829-2549 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.